We’re running an 8-week Body Recomp Challenge starting on August 2nd. Check out the video to learn more or read the details below!
Reasons to do 8-week Body Recomp Challenge
- This is the first time in years we’re doing a nutrition challenge of this length. We want to provide you with a sustainable way of eating, versus a short-term diet you may rebound from.
- We want to transform your experience with nutrition from a negative one into a positive one. How?
- You don’t have to starve.
- You don’t have to cut out carbs or do anything really drastic.
- You might find this works for you, indefinitely! No more searching.
- You can build muscle and lose fat at the same time, while not feeling out of control doing so.
8-week Body Recomp Challenge
Dates: August 2nd – September 26th
Who can participate?
All Lobo members can participate for $30 (or use a challenge/seminar pass if they have one!). Lobo members can also invite any friends, family members, or coworkers that will be accountability buddies during the challenge, and we encourage you to do so!
Non-members can pay $30 to participate in the Body Recomp Challenge and have access to the Facebook group throughout the challenge. However, in order to qualify for the prize, all participants must workout at CrossFit Lobo. Guests can purchase a Body Recomp Challenge & Lobo Membership pass for $379 (15% off individual membership and challenge cost). Email us at [email protected] or 210-610-1846 if interested.
What will we be doing for the challenge?
We will be following macros, or in other words, counting macros (carbs, fats, protein) and hitting a certain amount of macros each day. Additionally, we’ll need to sleep 6+ hours a day and workout at Lobo to earn all daily points.
We want to help you feel better in the gym, look better naked, and find a sustainable way of eating that won’t drive you crazy and cause you to binge! This is not an elimination diet. The goal of macros is flexibility and long-term sustainability.
How can I win the challenge?
- There will be one (1) male winner and one (1) female winner – both will win a prize at the end of the 8 weeks.
- Winners will be chosen based on points. Those points will be based on overall body recomposition and adhering to daily points (see below).
How can I earn and log my daily points?
- Workout at Lobo – 1 pt
- Sleep 6+ hr/night (24 hour window) – 1 pt
- Hit your macros (+/- 10 g) – 1 pt
- Log points at the end of the day in a Google form.
What other points can I earn?
Toward the end of the challenge, make sure the following is turned into us (by emailing [email protected] or text 210-610-1846):
- Testimonial (written or video)
- Before/after photos
- Before/after measurements (chest, waist, hips, weight)
What else is included if I sign up?
- Before/after InBody scans at Rock’s Discount Vitamins off Huebner
- 10% off Zedric’s meals
- Facebook group with tips, instructions, recipes, and accountability
What are my options for hitting my daily macros?
You will have two options to choose from, based on whichever approach you feel will set you up best for SUCCESS.
- Scaled Macros (aka Lazy Macros – no, we’re not calling you lazy)
- Rx Macros (aka Regular Macros)
What’s the difference?
With Scaled Macros, you’ll follow the Lazy Macros plan every day:
- At least 0.7 g protein * bodyweight in lb (you can go up to 1.0 if you’re more muscular and active)
- 800 g of veggies/fruit
- Track simply with a sticky note (read about Lazy Macros to learn how simple this can be)
With Rx Macros, you’ll hit your assigned carbs, fats, and protein every day. You can find your macros by signing up for a Macrostax subscription here (discount code: 40Q321).
- You get access to certified nutrition coach via chat anytime. Have a question about what plan to be on? When to change it up? How to stop being hungry? Ask your nutrition coach!
- The cost is unbeatable. For $71.92/year (discount from $120), you’re paying $6/month for your macros plan, access to a nutrition coach, recipes, and more.
- And no, we have no vested interest in Macrostax and receive no kick back. We just love the product and service, and we want this process to be as EASY as possible for you.
What if I don’t want to pay for Macrostax?
No problem! Calculate your macros on If It Fits Your Macros for free and track your macros for free in MyFitnessPal (there’s an app).
Why shouldn’t I just do Lazy Macros?
The difference Rx and Scaled is simply intensity level – just like in a WOD. You can do scaled and still see great results, but if you feel like scaled wouldn’t accelerate the results you’re looking for and you feel like you’re ready to dive head-on into macros, Rx it for even more benefits.
It’s YOUR choice.
Who should do Lazy Macros, then?
You may find Lazy Macros is a good fit for you if:
- You’re a perfectionist and having to hit numbers would make you stressed, neurotic, and overall bring out the worst in you.
- You’re not one for pain-staking details, but you want to do something about your nutrition.
- You’re insanely busy and just can’t even find the time to meal prep, weigh, track, etc.
Tracking macros is a pain. Is it really sustainable?
In any endeavor in life, what we deem to be “worth it” is sustainable. That applies to relationships, pets, kids, working out, and even nutrition. Some might think working out or tending to your nutrition is a chore. But when you lose weight, you suddenly love it, right? Suddenly, you can keep doing what you’ve been doing for years to come! So yes, initially, there is a learning curve. But once you get the hang of it (immediately for some or 1-2 weeks for others) and start to see results, you’ll realize that tracking was worth it!
How can I get through the learning curve?
Ask questions! We will have a Facebook group for all participants. We’re here to help guide you through your journey for the 8 weeks. We’ll provide tips, tricks, recipes, support, and accountability.
What do I need to get started?
First, you’ll need to sign up at the gym! Then, go ahead and buy yourself a food scale if you don’t have one already. We recommend this $13 one on Amazon.
Interested but still have questions?
Email us at [email protected] or shoot us a text at 210-610-1846! We’ll be happy to answer any questions and walk you through the details of the challenge.