We are looking for CrossFit coaches with at least a Level 1 certificate.
This role is part-time. We are not looking for career fitness coaches who are looking for a temporary next step. We want coaches who are looking for a permanent gym and home to be a part of. As this is a part time position, it is intended to be an extension of your current passion and aptitude for teaching CrossFit and being an integral part of a positive community. 12 hours a month (~3 hours/week) are required to meet and sustain this position.
There are additional opportunities to work more hours and make more income via Personal Training, Individualized Programming, and Nutrition Coaching, depending on your existing skill sets.
Our Core Purpose at Lobo is to life-proof people. Why? So they can live a life of fulfillment, being absolutely resilient to whatever comes their way.
Our core values are:
What Makes a CrossFit Lobo Coach?
Our coaches are not competitive Games athletes. They do not hold PhD’s in Kinesiology or have served on the CrossFit Level 1 staff for 10 years.
It’s not that we wouldn’t value someone with this background on our team. In our experience, we have found that people with this type of background and career ambition are not a good fit for our more community-oriented gym.
We are looking for community leaders. Not personal trainers.
Our coaches love first… then they teach. We understand that all instruction and transformation rests on a bedrock of trust, a trust that only comes when we show love to our members first.
Ask yourself, “Am I willing to give members the love and attention they need to thrive and have the BEST hour of their day?”
- Do something you are passionate about; help others improve their health.
- Be a positive role model and leader in a community of like-minded health and fitness enthusiasts.
- Work in a flexible fun environment with awesome, interesting people.
- Ongoing continuing education.
- All of the tools and systems in place for you to succeed.
- Unlimited support from management team to help you live your perfect day.
- Optional: We can teach you to build a platform and your own business within CrossFit Lobo.
- Optional: Determine your own salary with commission-based opportunities.
- Gym membership, 24/7 access to facility, and wholesale prices for merchandise and supplements.
What makes our company different?
- Our membership base and coaching staff are diverse in background. There is no perfect “fit.” Whether you are 22 or 62 years old, hyper-athletic or fairly new to athletics, you CAN find a home at CrossFit Lobo. What matters most is your mentality and outlook. Being a core value fit is non-negotiable. We do not care how many titles or certifications you have under your belt.
- We aim to be the “third place” for our members – the place outside of work and home where they spend time. We don’t aim to be the biggest gym in town with hundreds or thousands of members. In doing so, we deliver the highest level of coaching to every individual who is part of our gym. In that sense, our product is more premium and more relationship-based than you’d find at other gyms.
- Our concept of fitness is holistic. It includes the emotional benefits that come from being part of a positive community and striving for moderation over perfection. Physical fitness is one element of overall fitness.
- Our day-to-day operations are run by our General Manager. As a coach, you will report to the General Manager who also serves as the Head Coach. The Owners are not the primary managers of day-to-day operations. The difference there is that we strive to operate like a true business, not a hobby. That means there are people assigned to various roles. We are not a gym with the sole person at the top, doing all the work and burning out.
- We are not a franchise. Unlike big box gyms or other boutique chains, we do not report to a corporate headquarters. Everything about our business has been carefully decided upon by the Owners over the years, and because of that, we do not have the normal bureaucratic burden and slow pace in making decisions as other companies may. You have the chance to be a leader, mentor, and integral part of a quickly-growing company, right away.
- We are growing. We have two locations in San Antonio and plan to open more. As we continue to grow, more opportunities beyond the Coach position will open, and we will need help. If you fear being part of a gym that is slowly dying, complacent, or without opportunities for upward mobility – don’t.
We are looking for experienced coaches with the following qualifications.
- 1-3 years of coaching and/or personal training experience
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification
- 1-3 years as a consistent member at a CrossFit Affiliate
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send an email to [email protected] with your:
- Cover letter (answering the questions below)
- Copy of your Level 1 Trainer Certificate
- DiSC assessment results (Yes, you may have to later unsubscribe from marketing emails.)
Applications without a cover letter WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
In your cover letter answer the following:
- Why CrossFit Lobo?
- What are your personal core values?
- How will your experiences and values help us and our clients?
- What does your schedule look like, and how many hours are you aiming to coach per week?
Job Type: Part-time.
If we decide to move forward, we will reach out to you to set up an interview in-person!
If we move forward after the interview, you will begin a 30 day onboarding process at our location off De Zavala, which will include coaching evaluations, shadowing, and training sessions on CrossFit Lobo processes and culture.
Our second location opens April 15th, and we are looking to have all coaches start then.